Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Two Suited Doubles

So far I have only talked about what happens when one suit only has been bid. Take Out Doubles also occur when the opponents bid two suits. For instance:

My LHO Partner My RHO ME!
1♣ Pass 1♥ ???

My Hand
♠AQT8
♥32
♦AKJT3
♣95

What do I do? I have a nice hand and want to bid. I could overcall 2♦ but then what if Partner has this hand?

Hand
♠K96432
♥T86
♦Q64
♣8

We are making game in 4♠ but Partner will no doubt Pass my 2♦ overcall.

Even if Partner has this hand:
♠K964
♥T86
♦Q6
♣8642

I'd rather Partner play in 1♠ or 2♠ rather than me playing in 2♦.

Again I can use the Double to say "Partner I have the remaining suits. Please pick one!"

What suits do I have on this auction?

My LHO Partner My RHO ME!
1♦ Pass 1♥ ???

The other two suits. ♠ and ♣. The opponents are bidding the red suits -- I have the black suits.

What suits do I have on this auction?

My LHO Partner My RHO ME!
1♥ Pass 1♠ ???

The other two suits. ♣ and ♦. The opponents are bidding the majors -- I have the minors.

What suits do I have on this auction?

My LHO Partner My RHO ME!
1♣ Pass 1♦ ???

The other two suits. ♥ and ♠. The opponents are bidding the minors -- I have the majors.

What suits do I have on this auction?

My LHO Partner My RHO ME!
1♥ Pass 2♣ ???

The other two suits. ♦ and ♠. The opponents are bidding the round suits -- I have the pointy suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment